Now it is finished!

One of Dan's many passions and talents in life is woodworking. He LOVES it! And because he loves it, I love it too! I also enjoy the many things he builds for me. His latest project was a computer desk for our kitchen/living area. It is so practical and convenient, and I am so glad that we finally, after talking about it for a YEAR, went for it. I just hope that the people that move in after us like it because it's here to stay.

Before: (notice all of the wires coming out of the big HOLES in the wall? That's really enough to drive someone - I really mean ME - crazy!)


After: (Ahhh... much better! I love the light, a fun little feature)

12 comments:

Marianne said...

I seriously love that desk. Dan did a great job as always! I think the light adds a lot too! Way to go guys:) Whoever moves into you house will be really lucky!

{Elyse} said...

That is such a good idea! I love all the detail in the wood...Dan is really talented!!

Jana said...

You already know how obsessed I am with that! Dan rocks!

The Asper's said...

Wow, I wish Kendall was into woodworking... But that desk is Beautiful! You're very lucky and I can't imagine anyone being upset about a custom built in computer desk! Fabulous.

{Jason and Elan} said...

Dan did such a good job! I would love to have our computer stuff downstairs on a cute desk like that too. He is really talented, I love the detailed job he did.

Dione said...

Beautiful! I'm so jealous. Are you planning on moving anytime soon? I'd have a hard time leaving it - but it will add the to equity in your home! Great job Dan!

Mrs. Misses said...

I was almost going to ask where I could buy one exactly like it so I could copy you and have a fabulous desk. I seriously have been looking for something like this everywhere and no one has it! I think you may have a new business going...just with this desk!

Carrie said...

No, we are not planning on moving anytime soon! But someday we would like to have a house.

Nichole Bruce said...

Does he hire out? You may think I'm joking... I'm not! :)

Downey's said...

I'm with Nichole- I would totally hire him. I am already insanely jealous of that desk. Very cute!

Carrie said...

Dan is actually building kitchen cabinets right now for his sister, so he will be pretty busy until about the end of May. But you guys can talk to him when he is finished.

Shumway Family said...

That looks so great! I would love to be able to have our computer desk downstairs. Your husband is so handy.