That one pregnancy post...

I am nearing the very END of pregnancy- yay! So, I decided I should record something about it on the blog for personal records. Pregnancy has been good to me, but I am very anxious for the days ahead of us! Anyone that knows anything about me knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE newborns, I seriously can't get enough! Overall, this pregnancy was definately different from when I was pregnant with Easton... makes me wonder how this kiddo will be different. :)
The first 12 weeks:
This part was an emotional train wreck for me! I went from being so excited, to nervous, to reading way too much online of all the things that could go wrong and the statistics of a successful pregnancy that I had, to finally feeling some peace. It didn't help that every time I went in for my doctor visits (which was more often than normal) they were telling me different due dates, and on the first visit the ultrasound couldn't find anything at all...I don't want to do that over again (but I won't have to think twice if I had to).

Weeks 12-20:
This was the part that I was feeling very sick. I had a very hard time eating much of anything, and I ended up loosing 8 lbs before I started to gain any weight (I still had the tummy bump, that interfered with the clothes fitting). By the end, I was feeling much better and was catching up to where I needed to be! It was also the fun time in the pregnancy when I started to feel the baby move, and we found out that we were having a boy! My favorite doctor visit by far. :)

Weeks 20-30:
This was when I was feeling good and had good energy... and was looking pregnant. It seems silly, but I like it when I look pregnant (when I am pregnant), and not like I had just "gained a few lbs around the middle". We were starting to make plans, and get everything ready for baby to come!

Weeks 30-40:
This was when I have had a little less energy, and things started to get squishy... everyone is guessing that this baby will be smaller than Easton was when he was born (7 lbs 1oz). But I am wondering differently. This baby moves much more than Easton did, It actully is uncomfortable when he moves, and I feel like he is brusing up my insides. I don't ever recall feeling that way with Easton. Another thing that is different, is that I started having really uncomfortable contractions around 30 weeks as well, but I hear that is normal with a second pregnancy.

In the last 2 weeks, I have been seriously nesting! I haven't been able to sleep much lately because of it. The other day I woke up at 5 am and started scrubbing our bathrooms... so not me. 
The walls are washed,
Laundry's done,
Errands ran,
Edits finished,
There are meals in my freezer,
Closets are organized,
The crib is set up,
The car is washed, detailed, oil changed and car seat installed
I updated my blog,
The Christmas tree is up,
Our bags are packed,
and somewhere in between I was even able to get some sleep!

Last little tidbit about this pregnancy was that I was very picky about my food.
When I wasn't feeling good, I lived on toast and couldn't even look at meat. (I was grocery shopping, and I decided to buy a bag of frozen chicken for Dan & Easton, and it was seriously making me gag...)
I crave fresh fruit- especially apples and peaches.
I couldn't get enough green salad!
I still can't eat chinese food.

Here's a pic of me at 38 weeks:



8 comments:

Dione said...

Pregnancy has been good to you because you look beautiful! You were hardly showing when I was there last so it was good to read about your pregnancy and see some pictures.

I can't wait to see what Easton's baby brother looks like! Can not wait! Please have Dan post a little picture somewhere so I can see! That should hold me over till Christmas when I can hold him myself (cause I also LOVE newborns).

Chelsea and Glen said...

You look amazing! I can't wait until my pudge finally looks like a baby bump. I can tell strangers are debating whether to say anything to me for fear that I am just a fatty.

Erika said...

Way to nest! Good luck with the delivery. Can't wait to see pictures.

The Cleggs said...

So happy that you are READY!!! Just waiting, waiting, waiting!!!

Josh & Kenz said...

You are such a crack up!! I love that you already have your tree up. You look so awesome by the way. Good luck!!

The Fords said...

I LOVE that picture of you! The pic of you is amazing! I'm so excited to meet baby#2! I can't wait to meet him.
Oh and baby leggings..almost finished! :) Hopefully before the little guy comes.

Brooke said...

I love the nesting phase, I love it! I hope your little guy comes soon. I'm guessing he'll be bigger because it seems 2nd babies are always bigger! I can't wait to get our pictures (sorry I ordered so many:)! I hope things have slowed down that way!

{Jason and Elan} said...

What a beautiful picture Carrie, you look so stinkin' good! I hope these last few days are great for you and the delivery goes quickly and smoothly :)