.home tour

So... we are moving. There is an opportunity to help Dan's parents fix up their duplex that we didn't want to pass up. I am sure that there will be plenty of posts about that in the future :)
I thought that since I had some nice pictures of our townhome that we took for the rental ad, I would post them for posterity.

{Entry}
*any wall that is NOT white, we were lucky enough to paint ourselves.

{Living Room}
*we sold our couch... looks empty without one.

{Kitchen}
*dan built all of the wood trimming, columns, installed the tile backsplash & the lights above the bar.

{Loft}
*dan built the desk, which is yet again a built-in one that stays with the home.

{Laundry Room}

{3rd Bedroom}
*in the 5 years that we have lived in a townhome with 3 bedrooms... we have yet to put this room to good use. dan installed the ceiling fan.

{The Boy's Room}
*we painted, dan installed the chair moulding, the ceiling fan. The toddler bed is from walmart, the crib we found on ksl and painted it black (and uninstalled all the dropside hardware to make it stationary), the rocking chair we got for free from one of dan's coworkers and we painted it black (still needs to be upholstered), the dresser we got from my sister (still needs to be painted black), and dan did all the built-in shelving in the closet... it was/still is a project!

{master bedroom}
*we painted, dan installed the ceiling fan, and he built every piece of furniture in the room and the massive/awesome picture frame above the dresser.

{Basement}
*dan did everything- framing, electrical/lighting, hvac, drywall, flooring. Still needs trimwork, blinds & doorknobs.

To be completely honest, it took a little while for me to really love this home. It will be a hard to leave so much hard work and a little peice of ourselves here, I really do love it now.  :)
Which makes me happy that we are not selling, and that we will be renting it out.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

What a beautiful home! I'm sure you'll have someone in no time. I have potential rental for you. Give me a call :).

Dione said...

Dan is the man! And you know the saying, "behind ever good man..." The two of you together have vision! I love your house and will feel kinda sad not being able to visit you there. But some good news is that after you rent your home for 1 year it can count as income property if you decide to buy another one! With this location and all the upgrades, it would make a great rental property.

Shara said...

I know exactly how you feel. When we bought our house in Fresno I wasn't in love with it (though I was VERY happy to finally have my own home). But after putting SO MUCH time, energy - and of course money too - into it, it truly became OUR home and I loved it. As with anything, the more you invest in something, or someone, the more you get out of it (especially all the experiences and memories - a.k.a. LIFE!). So it's understandable why you would love your home so much!