Traditions & Art.



Conference weekend is always filled with traditions, family, friends, food and relaxation! On friday we went to Dan's mission reunion. This was the 4th mission reunion that Dan has been to. It was really fun, and it was nice to see old friends that you wouldn't normally get the chance to see everyday. I was so impressed with the vegetable tray that I put together for it, that I took a picture of it. Doesn't it look YUMMY?

A tradition of ours is that on the Saturday session of General Conference, we go to my sister Cliss' home to spend it with her family. This tradition actually started when me and Dan had only known each other for a week! It was the first time that he had met any of my family, so it was a pretty big deal for everyone.


Another tradition (that actually started when we were married) is that on Sunday morning we have pancakes with vanilla icecream and HOT maple syrup. YUMMY! It sounds strange, but it is actually real good.


Sunday afternoon was spent with some of Dan's family. His parents were there, and they brought with them a letter (Dan gets mail at his parents house still) for Dan inviting him to participate in the Sprinville Museum of Art's religious and spiritual art of Utah exhibition. Now, he has been invited to participate in other similar exhibits before, and never really showed interest, so when we got home that evening I asked him if I should throw it away. The answer was no, that he wanted to draw something up for it. I was surprised, seeing that any entries were to be in by next week (I am not an artist, but I always assumed that artwork took a long time). But last night, he finished! In only a couple of hours, he came up with this...


Pretty amazing, huh?

2 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

That IS amazing... He's got a lot of talent.
P.S. The veggies tray looks delicious!!!

Marianne said...

Carrie, I feel like such a dork cause I didn't get back to you. I was busy trying to get ready to go out of town and the day just got away from me. I did have a veggie tray but it's an ugly plastic one and yours turned out alot better looking. BTW: I love what you've done with your blog. It looks awesome and totally you!