My New Year's Resolution



So... anyone that knows me, knows that I would rather spend my time doing anything other than cleaning. Unfortunately, I don't enjoy spending my days in a messy house. See the problem? So, with the new year comes a resolve to keep my home clean, with as little effort from me as possible. How you ask? I decided that our biggest problem in our cleaning habits (or lack of) is that our home isn't organized enough. Not every single item in our possesion has it's own perfect little spot, and we don't throw enough stuff away. Our version of cleaning, is anything that we don't know what to do with either goes into our spare room upstairs or our basement. When we clean the spare room upstairs, it then gets transfered to our basement (and in no orderly fashion, either). Yesterday I started my resolve to ORGANIZE! The best place to start? Our basement! Today, Dan and I have a big date with walmart, and these...

Wish me luck... by the time I am finished, I am hoping to have developed some degree of obsessive-compulsiveness with this.

6 comments:

{Elyse} said...

Good for you!! I think that is a great resolution.

Kacey said...

Good luck!! My problem is that I put everything in it's own special place and then can never find it again.

Brooke said...

Some people hate January. But I love it! I love the "new" year and "new" resolves to do things better. I think organizing is so much fun, and yes, there are a few places in my home that need it! Good luck!

Jana said...

That's great! I just finally organized my basement and garage this fall and it feels SO nice!

Jaimee said...

You have inspired me! I've been wanting to tackle each room in our place for awhile.

Marianne said...

Good luck girl...I should add that to my list of resolutions too!