I HEART Saratoga Springs!

I feel a little silly about posting this, but I just had to!
I wanted to share a feeling that I have NeVeR in my life felt before... homesickness! It is a strange feeling, that I am still not over. And it took me by surprise! I mean, I have felt a longing to be with certain friends or family that I had lived close to when we moved growing up (which was often), but I had never missed the HoUse that I had moved from, ever. Now that I am an "adult" (whatever that means?), I wasn't expecting this even more. The truth of the matter is, I miss my old house! Here are the reasons why I decided I feel this way:
1. This was the longest I have ever lived in one place in my entire life - 2 1/2 years!
2. It was the first place that Dan and I had bought together, we got to pick out the cabinets, countertops, and carpet, and watch and wait (and wait) until it was built brand new, just for us! It was such a dream come true to a young new-ish-ly-wed couple! :o)
3. We spent so much time, energy and effort to make it our very own place and have it reflect our personality. Stuff we had to leave behind!
4. We started our little family in this house!
5. So many friendships were started there!
And, speaking of friendships, I wanted to let everyone in my old neighborhood (and the ones that aren't there anymore, either) know that I miss being so close to you guys! I am so glad that you are still willing to be my friends... THANKS!
Don't let this post fool you... I love my new place, and if I had to do everything all over again, I would! I know that where we are, is where our family needs to be right now in our lives, and we are making our new place a home.

2 comments:

{Elyse} said...

I know that I speak for everyone when I say that we miss you!! Your reasons are exactly why I don't ever want to move...but one day it will inevitably happen:(

Mrs.Mayne said...

Oh Sad!! Our neighborhood really does have a special something to it. I will feel the exact same way when it comes time for us to move. I just wish we could all pick up and migrate together. We miss you guys!!